CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

sometimes...

Sometimes we make mistakes that cost us.
Sometimes the world seems tougher than usual.
Sometimes we find another reason to love someone.
Sometimes we don't understand each other.
Sometimes we have the best time.
Sometimes someone we love hurts us really bad.
Sometimes we have selfish moments.
Sometimes people do just what we need when we need it.
Sometimes we wish we'd stayed in bed.
Sometimes we're right; sometimes we're wrong.
Sometimes we fail at our attempts.
Sometimes we hate life; sometimes we love life.
Sometimes we just feel blah.
Sometimes we forget things we should remember.
Sometimes we remember things we should forget.
Sometimes we discover someone's selfishness.
Sometimes we do the right thing; sometimes we don't.

But, God...
Always "meets our needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (Phil 4:19)
Always "is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." (Ps 46:1)
Always loves us, "not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." (1 Jn 4:10)
Always "comforts us in all our troubles." (2 Cor 1:4)
Always "forgives all your sins, and heals all your diseases" (Ps 103:3)
Always removes our sins "as far as the east is from the west." (Ps 103:12)
Always has "even the very hairs on your head numbered." (Mt 10:30)

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousnes for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
Your rod and your staff, the comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoit my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." - Psalm 23

I include this passage to remind us that these "always" aren't a guaranty of Christianity, of being good, of claiming to know God, or going to church. These "always" pertain to God, our Lord, the Creator, the Father. It's through a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with him that we find and understand these things. I pray that anyone reading this takes time to invest in that relationship today. I pray that anyone feeling they are in "the valley" right now, feels God's arms around them today.

0 comments: