CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

2007

Here's my 2007:

Spent too much money
Ran out of time

Lost 50 pounds
Found 10 of it between Thanksgiving and Christmas

Discovered the best things in life aren't free
They just might not cost dollars

Learned who was my friend and who wasn't
Learned who I can trust and who I can't

Discovered what things were most precious to me
Discovered I had to fight for the things most precious to me

Lost a friend for the nearly the entire year (since December 06)
Found him in December 07...or he found me

Missed the playoffs in FF for the 2nd straight year
Cowboys made the playoffs for the 2nd straight year

Was mentally worn out by my job
Was rejuvenated in it by God

Drew's team finished 1st place in basketballand football, and 2nd in baseball
Alisha's team went undefeated in basketball and that's all she played

Discovered many things I'm not good at
Discovered some new foods I can make

Grew my hair out
Found lots of gray in it

Went to The Fray concert and loved it
Went to a Nickelback concert and hated it...too trashy

Was told I looked like i am 23 or 24
Was told they thought I graduated in the 80s

Time didn't fly this year...
Might have been my longest year yet

Stopped peeling my fingernails
Drank more cokes than any two years combined

Redid a lot on the house...and like it
Am broke from doing so...and hate that

Ate lunch every Wednesday at school with my kids
Wanted to kill them nearly every night at bedtime

Punched a hole in my wall when I was mad
Hit a deer in Isha's car on Christmas night

Learned to play Cards and Marbles
Have like a 12-15 game winning streak in it

Started this blog - it goes to anyone or no one
Dumped my myspace - hated the drama with it

Ran/jogged 10.7 miles to Windthorst
Watched Archer finally beat Windthorst

Threw a New Year's Eve party
SO FREAKIN WON the scavenger hunt

Bring on 2008...might as well...

2 comments:

Summer said...

wow! 50 lbs. that's awesome. and you ran to Windthorst? and why did you do that exactly? enjoyed the list especially the ones deeper than competition...lol I think I spent too much time and ran out of money and notice that the scavenger hunt did not make my list. that was so freakin wrong.

Unknown said...

I was going to run out to a house and back that I thought was about 2 miles out, but by the time I got there, I estimated that I had gone like 4 miles, so I figured it was better to just keep on going...unlike Forrest Gump, I didn't decide to turn around and run back home when I got to Windthorst...I called for a ride.