CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Cowboys Week 2

Well, the Boys did take care of business on Sunday...finally. They let the Dolphins hang around way too long though. We still don't know how good this team is considering the two teams they beat have also been beatin by Washington and Green Bay and are a combined 0-4, so there's no reason to jump on the Super Bowl bandwagon just yet. The team had 4 picks without Newman in there, but I swear Trent Green had a concussion relapse out there, but I was pleased nonetheless. Jones started off in a way that made me think I was gonna have to eat my words from last week, but finished with only 32 yds on 15 carries, so my feelings on him remain the same. I'm glad he's there to allow Barber to come in fresh and run over people, but I'd take pretty much anyone in the league there and be just as good. Romo wasn't spectacular with less than a 50% completion rating but with 2 TDs and no picks, I'll take it in a victory. Folk continues to hold his own with 4 XPs and 3 FGs with a long of 47 yds. And most of all, I loved Romo's attempt to get TO the ball early even if that cost him on his completion percentage some. Keep showing TO love! If he could get that Philly team to the Super Bowl three years ago, then we have a shot with him as well. Next week will be a much better test for us as our offense (the highest scoring since 1971 in the first two games - thanks Josh) takes on the Bears 'D' and the defense gets another weak offense lead by Grossman to buy time to get healthy again.

Good Stat of the week: Secondary combines for 4 INTS (Hamlin, Williams, Henry-2)

Bad Stat of the week: Only 2 sacks of an aging Trent Green that attempted 40 passes behind a line that only blocked good enough to gain 61 yds rushing on 21 carries...we need more pressure than that!

0 comments: