CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

pops & dinks of spring

Spring is here and the outside items that have neglected all winter are screaming my name. I don't consider it spring or plan any spring work until I've had a little spring fun. We went camping last weekend and it was pretty chilly, so I don't know if that counts or not. But, I definitely need to get a few things planted out front, start the lawn work, and make plans to paint the house--YUCK!

The sound of spring is accented with the pops of a ball landing in a glove and the dinks of the bats hitting the ball. I have never been much of a baseball fan, but I'm becoming more of one. For one thing, I don't have to coach it, so I get to actually sit in the stands or dugout and just enjoy it. Also, it is usually pretty nice weather. Drew is moving up a year early to kid-pitch baseball, and coming off his broken collarbone, we'll have to see how that works out. But the team wanted him to move up to the 3rd/4th grade division to play with them, so he's doing it. He has a tournament starting this weekend, although he is currently limited to playing outfield and no batting in the game to avoid contact to his shoulder for a couple of more weeks. he's got regular season games beginning the week of April 7 through the first week of June. Alisha is playing softball for the first time, and I haven't gotten her schedule yet, but I'm sure the combination of the two is going to make the rest of the school year crazy!

0 comments: