CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rush of Fools

got a new CD and i'm lovin' it, so i thought i'd pass it on in case anyone else might like them. it's the best original praise and worship album i've heard in a while. (do they still call them albums or am i just old?) anyway, it's called Rush of Fools (the band and the album title). This CD is the most humbling music i think i've ever heard. if the band/writers really have this kind of heart, i'll bet they lead incredible worship. the first song "undo" is incredible as well as "fame." here are the words to those two:

undo
i've been here before / now, here i am again / i'm standing at the door praying you'll let me back in / to label me a prodigal would be only scratching the surface of who i've been known to be
turn me around, pick me up, undo what i've become / bring me back to the place of forgiveness and grace / i need you, need your help, i can't do this myself / you're the only one who can undo what i've become
i focused on the score but i could never win / trying to ignore a life of hiding my sin / to label me a hypocrit would be only scratching the surface of who i've been known to be / make every step lead me back to the sovereign that you
turn me around, pick me up, undo what i've become / bring me back to the place of forgiveness and grace / i need you, need your help, i can't do this myself / you're the only one who can undo what i've become

fame
I have tried to follow, I have tried to lead / I have failed at everything / I have been the culprit to my selfish needs, made everything but You my King / I couldn't be any less worthy To spend one day much less forever with You
I lift my hands just as I am, I'm letting go of false control / I lift my voice, I have no choice / My life is Yours, use me for Your fame, Your fame
I have not seen heaven, I haven't seen Your face / But I've seen Your Spirit move and Jesus it's amazing the evidence of grace standing all around this room / I'm merely a product of mercy / The target and victim of Your perfect love
I lift my hands just as I am, I'm letting go of false control / I lift my voice, I have no choice / My life is Yours, use me for Your fame, spreading like a flame
Let every breath proclaim glory to Your name / You can't be contained and I'll never be the same

0 comments: