CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 21, 2007

haunted

I'm haunted by my mind
The thoughts that I cannot flee
Everywhere I go or turn
They follow me...taunt me

It's a bridge that can't be crossed
An item that can't be bought
It's stairs that can't be climbed
These thoughts that haunt my mind

How do you fight what you cannot see?
How do you silence what you cannot hear?
What can stop this pain I feel?
What can dry up all the tears?

God reaches out and calls my name
To come to him and leave the other
But isn't it a trap just the same
To leave one master for another?

Ah, I am not trapped here with them
These thoughts that are haunting me
God remove me from these demons
Because in your arms is where I am free

-Unknown


This just came to me in an e-mail forward from someone I don't even know. Thought I'd pass it on as this is the time of year...with family, financial pressures, new year new beginning plans, etc., that our thoughts can be destructive. Once we belong to God, thoughts cannot hurt us unless we let them control us and get out of His arms.

Not your typical holiday sentiment, but Merry Christmas and hoping your joy is much deeper than the smile on your face in front of the family!

0 comments: