CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Sometimes in Life...

We are now deep into the football season, and it's one of the highlights of my life...it's my escape. The Cowboys are undefeated and for now, the favorites to go all the way. They just have to overcome their long streak of not having a single playoff win, including last season when they lost at home after having a bye. So far, they haven't had any significant injuries, and that could be the key.

The Longhorns are undefeated and on their way to the big Texas-Oklahoma game in a few weeks with Oklahoma having a chance to grab the number 1 spot and Texas could move into the top 5 or 6 with USCs loss lst night.

Then, we have Drew's team. I mentioned before that, before the season started, Drew came up and said he wasn't sure he wanted to play. After some discussion, he confessed that he didn't want to play because he was nervous that they would make him the quarterback. I assured him that he wouldn't be the quarterback--that he was an ideal fullback. Well, he is still ideally a fullback, but he is the starting QB. He does love it, but he takes it too serious...yes, I said he takes it too serious. We have had a couple of bad losses, but we are 1-0 in conference play. We've already beat another of the conference teams 20-6, so if we can beat them again, we are assured of a playoff spot. Our first team defense has only had 2 TDs scored on them, and our offense is starting to pick up. We have to correct the fact that we have scored 5 TDs in the second half and 0 in the first.

All that said, football is just an escape. The Cowboys and the Horns play on with or without me, and Drew's time will be over before I know it. Right now I watch Drew pouring his heart into it. He has agony in defeat and only mild satisfaction in victory. That's the way I feel about life sometimes. Sometimes there is just something small that can just ruin my day. And, actually there is one thing that can ruin any day for me. We all, at times, have that "thorn in our side." Many times it finally goes away for good, but usually it is a "thorn" stuck in our lives because we have no control as to it's presence.

So, I have nothing enlightening or profound to say...just hating that my "thorn" won't go away, and giving you that reminder of your "thorn" to ruin your day, I guess...sorry...

0 comments: